Brecon Beacons Today

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
Well theres some lovely snow in merthyr today and im going on my first trip out in the snow, going to climb Pen Y Fan. got my daypack ready and im off soon.

Pics to follow, im very excited :)

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
That sounds absolutely perfect!

As long as someone knows where you are going, and you stick to your planned route you should be fine. There are pretty major paths leading to the summit, and Im sure you will stay within your own limits.

Please post some pictures when you return!

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
Im going with SWMBO, im currently sat on the sofa like a small child waiting for christmas, whilst she diggs out her ski wear. Thanks for the concerns about safety, but i feel like the beacon pathways are engraved on my brain from all the times iv been up there with dad (serviceman showing off with his bergan).
The family are notified of where im going and i will stick to the pathways

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
pointless update without pics im sorry. had a great day, the combination of cold temperatures and high altitude made it nigh-on impossible to start a fire, but i managed a brew and food. if anybody knows the area, the parking situation was non existant, it was rammo!! and very busy on the summits. need to dig out the camera lead now

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Here you go Corn Du from Pen Y Fan Summit on a winters day...

Mid week so nice and quiet....

DSCF2317-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE