Sold Brand New Alt-berg defenders brown 8M

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
For Sale Alt-berg Defenders Cambrelle lined, not Goretex, so will dry significantly quicker than membrane boots.

https://www.altberg.co.uk/product/mens-defender-combat-boot-mod-brown-uk-military-issue-boot/

https://www.altberg.co.uk/military/sizing-info/

Leather: Water repellent, Anfibio full grain leather 2.2-2.4mm 1st grade European hide

Lining: Cambrelle® breathable and more rapid drying – non waterproof

Midsole: Individually moulded for each size to give correct support / flex

Sole: Vibram® Tsavo – classic multi terrain tread. Midlayer is shock absorbing micro to cushion impact when running. With full rubber rand.

Size: UK Military Spec – Mens' 8

Width: Medium *Note - this is a specific military fitting, and is combined with the use of 3mm spacers, supplied with boots, to enable fit to be adjusted and ‘fine-tuned’ by the wearer.
For info on fitting: https://www.altberg.co.uk/military/sizing-info/

Waterproof Testing: SATRA TM230 Dynamic Water Resistance Test (100,000 flexes)

These are brand new but without original box, instructions, spare laces or spacer inserts. These can be bought from ebay for about 9£ if you need.

I have another pair in size 9M and they fit me perfectly. They are pretty light and feel like trainers compared to some boots I have owned.
These really are great boots ideal for the up coming winter?? and general bad weather if you keep them treated with Clear leder gris (see strikeforce supplies) they are as good as waterproof. Pretty sure these can be resoled so you have a pair of good reliable boots.

Final price drop before the bay
Payment:
Bank Transfer Preferred. £50 + £9 postage by UPS Next day, will need to be signed for.
Paypal (+4%) Total £61.36 delivered.

Thanks

Last edited:

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
These are excellent boots. Once you know your size, you will love them. My pair is several years old and show few signs of wear despite regular use in the Cairngorms and West Coast in all seasons. Too soft for full crampons but ok for instep crampons or the alpine snow chain-type for walking assistance on verglas and slippery paths. Not really suited to extreme mountain conditions but very comfortable for faffing about in woods as well as on hills eg Munroing. Use the Leder Gris stuff and they're as waterproof as any boot
They can get a bit smelly if not dried carefully. (If washed out with warm water the smell will go.)
Vibram sole. Not had to resole mine yet but think they could be fixed. Serving friends say they have not had problems with regular daily use once size sorted - it's worth checking size carefully as 1/2 sizes have to be adjusted with provided insoles.
If these are your size, I'd get them - they're a size too small or I'd have bought them as my next pair.
(Nothing to do with either current seller or Altberg company, just very happy user.)

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Thanks for the boost doc. I have to agree, i have has several pairs of branded boots including a pair of alt berg 2001 EOD skywalk sole for many years.

I have worn these boot 3 times now and they just feel great even compared to my well worn hanwag LX.

I am looking at getting another pair of 9M when they pop up for the future as i don't think i will need to pick another type of boot now.

I would like to try the GTX haix boot on offer but tbh I think I am happy with these so far they tick all the boxes.

Happy to answer any questions if anyone is interested in buying the boots.

Many thanks

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi,
It looks like you are trying to offer buyers flexibility, but can you please post the price you want, rather than asking for buyers to make a calculation depending on how they pay. It would be good if you could put up postage cost too.

Cheers

Regards and good luck

Chris

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Final price drop before the bay.

Payment:
Bank Transfer Preferred. £50 + £9 postage by UPS Next day, will need to be signed for.
Paypal (+4%) Total £61.36 delivered.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
And just delivered :D
Husband happy :cool: he's wandering around adjusting laces, etc.,

Boots better than advertised; five stars for everything, lostplanet :D thank you.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE