Box 2 of 3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Darkwoodecho

Forager
Apr 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Well following on from Box 1...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97031

I thought I'd better show Box 2 I went for the more traditional, i guess, and was closer to my comfort zone with this one, still learnt lots, see what you think.

BTBox2fin4.jpg

BTBox2fin2.jpg

BTBox2fin10.jpg

BTBox2fin9.jpg

BTBox2fin6-1.jpg

BTBox2fin5.jpg

BTBox2fin8.jpg

The knife and sheath hold securely and there is no rattle, which I'm pleased about, the retaining strap for the sheath will mellow and I'm reasonably confident will blend with the sheath as that was quite "in yer face" to begin with, All in all I'm happier with this box than No 1.
I also took the time to source a catch and some diddy hinges, 10mm English Oak, Maple veneer inlay with banding.
Comments welcome.
Thanks for looking.
Elliot

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Looks rather lovely that, prefer this exterior to the first but the interior layout of the first looked more complex, don't get me wrong, i like this and the way the knife is held but the first just looks more...snug (think that's the word that best fits).

Coming along very nicely, well done :)

Darkwoodecho

Forager
Apr 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Looks rather lovely that, prefer this exterior to the first but the interior layout of the first looked more complex, don't get me wrong, i like this and the way the knife is held but the first just looks more...snug (think that's the word that best fits).

Coming along very nicely, well done :)

Cheers for that, I agree in as much as the first seems more of a "box for a knife" and this one has worked out almost as a "display Box" if that makes sense? I have the advantage of just doing this for myself, so i can play around a bit and see what works, what doesn't ;) I was trying to stay with the theme of all being the same but different and now I've kinda backed myself into a corner with No 3!!

Thanks Mark, glad you like.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Ive just spent 10 minutes looking at your other boxes,they are superb,great materials,contents,idea's and the mosaic pins to hold the knife is a great idea..Having made many boxes in the past from pine,oak etc i remember how satisfying they are to make.
Keep em coming mate,looking forward to seeing future boxes.
great thread,great job!!

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Cheers for that, I agree in as much as the first seems more of a "box for a knife" and this one has worked out almost as a "display Box" if that makes sense? I have the advantage of just doing this for myself, so i can play around a bit and see what works, what doesn't ;) I was trying to stay with the theme of all being the same but different and now I've kinda backed myself into a corner with No 3!!

Thanks Mark, glad you like.

Does that mean #3 will be coffin shaped? :p.......what? doghouses have corners too you know! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE