Bowsaw blade - for dry or soft wood?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Looking to get a spare blade for my bowsaw. Any suggestions as to the best type for Norway camping? Initially thought the type for green wood would be best, but on reflection I'm looking to use on dead-standing or fallen wood (probably all pine/fir). Which would be best for that? (As you can gather, woodworking is not a skill of mine!)

I'm sticking to Bahco blades, rather than taking a chance on a no-name blade....

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Took 1 of each to Norway earlier this year, didn't notice much difference between them.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Its like a Phillips and pozi drive screwdriver. Both have subtle differences, both will do either job for a while....but if your in it for the long haul....its down to the specific tool for the specific task.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
If I was doing a lot of shelter building using green wood then take both but for firewood collection I find the dry blade works best and is still OK on green wood.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
I would take both they are light enough to carry , but if you have to pick just one, go with the standard blade (dry wood ) it will do both jobs better than the green wood blade

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE