Bowsaw Blade Belt Sheath

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Of late when ive been going up the woods, ive taken to not taking a fully fledged Bowsaw/Bucksaw with me, preferring to just take a saw blade and make my own bowsaw, such as this:

Woods2-1-094.jpg

But ive been thinking of a better way to transport the blade than the horrible cardboard sleeve it comes in, which invariably gets damp and falls apart, or what i have been doing, which is to tape over the blade and carry it in my pack, neither are choices i really like.

Today therefore i sat down and devised a belt sheath purely for the purpose of carrying a bowsaw blade safely and with minimal risk to me or my kit.

This is what i came up with

ADscn5947.jpg

ADscn5946.jpg

The sheath can be packed in my rucksack if need be or i can clip it onto my belt and wear it:

ADscn5951.jpg

ADscn5938.jpg

The sheath holds two blades comfortably and has two 24" blades in it at the moment, one for green wood, the other for dead wood, thereby giving me blades for a variety of tasks.

a quick vid of the sheath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awl45QuMunY

Ive already started on another variant, where the sheath is built into the belt itself, i'll pop some pics up when it's finished.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cracking idea and a very nice job! What set up do you use to hold the blade onto the bow?

Small spilt in each end of the hazel stick, and then just a couple of small hardwood twigs to through the holes in the end of the blade stop the bow springing out.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nothing to be sorry about, the one im working on now doesn't have a flap to cover the teeth and is of a different design, but acheives the same end result.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Should have some up for sale by the end of the week if your interested, just gotta get me some replacement materials in first so i can make them, got a handful of orders already, im stunned :D, all i have to do now is sell some of the other stuff i have up for grabs;) , keep an eye on Makers Market:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE