Bowland - last week

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Was out on the tops last week, just trying out the phone on my camera! It was a fantastic day with wintry showers and sunshine - breathtaking.

Attachments

• 2011-12-01 11.06.59.jpg
    2011-12-01 11.06.59.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 25

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice piccie

Is there an old leprosy hospital somewhere in Bowland, with an aircraft museum or airfield near by? I have a weird image in my head and I don't know if I dreamt it or not. I think the hospital might have been owned by the MOD if/when I went. It's one of the hazy childhood memories so I don't know if it actually happened or I dreamt it.
I seem to remember some WW2 bomber parked up somewhere close.

P

Passer

Nice piccie

Is there an old leprosy hospital somewhere in Bowland, with an aircraft museum or airfield near by? I have a weird image in my head and I don't know if I dreamt it or not. I think the hospital might have been owned by the MOD if/when I went. It's one of the hazy childhood memories so I don't know if it actually happened or I dreamt it.
I seem to remember some WW2 bomber parked up somewhere close.

Could this have been Preston? there was a leper hospital there and during the Falklands conflict BAE Systems left Argentinian bombers (they were servicing them) on the runway at their Samlesbury site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE