Bowdrill Fire comp at the WG

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
Unfortunately I didn't attend but I was interested in the Bow drill comp. Can anyone tell me who won and what sort of time was involved from start to flame?.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I think the instructor must have had the fastest time....he was standing talking to a guy about selling him a hand drill set and the next moment the top of his landrover burst into flames! Very impressive as the instuctor hadn't even set the hand drill up and was five feet away from the landrover when it happened lol :D

Luckily were was no damage other than a nice neat 5" diametre hole melted in the tarp that covered the landrover but it was a valuble lesson in how straw can stontaniously conbust in the right conditions! :eek:

Top marks to Neil for spotting it and also to Dave for hopping up so fast and showing he's as fast putting a fire out as he is lighting one :D

Bam. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE