Bow Saw Workshop - New Year Meet @ Swyn's 5/6th Jan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rod

On a new journey
Hi All,

We have been able to secure some bow saw blades at a very favourable rate for this workshop.

If you would like to take part the cost will be £5 all in. This includes blade, retaining bolts and cordage for the windlass. We have enough blades for 20, but if you would prefer to bring your own materials there will be no charge. I will have plenty of timber available to make the frames.

Please post to let me know if you would like to take part and whether you require blade etc

many thanks

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'd certainly be interested and I'd need to buy a blade kit from you - only I'm wondering if there is going to be a timetable of events - i.e. would some events clash? My top item is rabbit prep so if that clashed with the saw workshop, I'd go for the rabbits.

Geoff

Rod

On a new journey
OK All,

This workshop can be run to suit your timetable over the weekend. It takes between 2-3 hours of work to get a finished saw. You will be working with your knife and possibly your Laplander, so expect your knife skills to improve, and also (and I think more importantly) you will get to understand what you can achieve with your knife). I will get a time sorted when we can start the workshop for the majority; but I can work it so you can fit it in with everything else folks want to do. Hope this makes sense.

Each person will come away with a working saw plus the knowledge of have to make a tool in the field. :D

Please pay by cash on the day. Will post numbers/names of those who wish to participate in due course.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'd certainly be interested and I'd need to buy a blade kit from you - only I'm wondering if there is going to be a timetable of events - i.e. would some events clash? My top item is rabbit prep so if that clashed with the saw workshop, I'd go for the rabbits.

Geoff

Now the timetable is up, I'm definitely on for the saw workshop.

Thanks.

Geoff

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Rod, I don't think AndyW can make it (looking at the other thread) so its prob just going to be

DGCalvert
Aaron
Litefoot
benp1

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
:eek:

Which thread?

I'll be there and really looking forward to it as well :twak: :D

DGCalvert
Aaron
Litefoot
benp1
AndyW

Andy

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Well, I finished my bow-saw this afternoon. I know you've probably all seen one before, but I'm still going to post a picture. :D Thanks Rod.

One thing I'm wondering: although the cord is very tight and the frame is rigid, I found that the saw blade was flexing /twisting quite a lot when I used it (particularly when starting a cut). Is this typical of this type of saw, or is it likely that I might need to do a bit of adjustment on the saw itself?

bowsaw_01.jpg

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE