Bought another lathe!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

I bought another lathe today, Allbeit a micro lathe! It's a Unimat ML1, It can be tuned in to a mill, drill and other things too!!

F2JbnQ4.jpg

24p4Ivq.jpg

I just have to get my shed erected now so that I can get the toys setup to maake some knives/sticks :bigok:

By the way, This is lathe number seven!! I'm going to have to stop buying them soon!!

John :)

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
That looks like a super cool thing to own John, endless possibilities and all.
Would love to own one like that one day, hope you will share your future projects with us as well.
Cant wait to see what you will be making with it!

ps Hamish with one of those you can so many things it becomes almost unfathomable, basically anything round or on an axial basis.
You could make ferules, gears, you can cross drill stock or make a drive shaft with a keeper etc endless possibilities really ^^

yours sincerely
Ruud

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
That looks like a super cool thing to own John, endless possibilities and all.
Would love to own one like that one day, hope you will share your future projects with us as well.
Cant wait to see what you will be making with it!

ps Hamish with one of those you can so many things it becomes almost unfathomable, basically anything round or on an axial basis.
You could make ferules, gears, you can cross drill stock or make a drive shaft with a keeper etc endless possibilities really ^^

yours sincerely
Ruud

Hi Ruud

I'll be getting the space back in garage shortly (Hopefully!) to set my machines up!

I already have a few lathes and in fact, Acquired a very nice Granville Senior from Dred in a trade for a wood turning lathe!! :notworthy

This is the one!

GSl1_zps878f05f6.jpg

I've also bought a Myford 7 too! :eek:

Myforrd%201_zpsc8npisnr.jpg

One of my sheds rotted and all but collapsed so all the contents were crammed in to the garage and my other shed!, I shall hopefully get my new shed erected shortly so that all the gardening tools and other stuff can be once more reinstated in a shed at the bottom of the garden!! goodjob

I think I have six or seven lathes approximately and the one that is set up for use is the oldest and is worn out making parallel turning almost impossible :p

John :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE