Bought a new knife, don't tell the missus!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I gave my Mora away to someone and although the knife I made is sharp & beefy, it's a bit thick & heavy for delicate work. Saw a Hultafors VVS (very, very sharp?) in a local tool place & bought it for £6.50. It's a plumber's knife so has a small file section on the blade which I think will come in useful (although probably rules it out for food preparation).

Usual sturdy plastic handle & sheath in grey. Seems fairly sharp - haven't tried shaving with it yet, though!

31-ek62GAOL._SX300_.jpg

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
I've got a couple of Hulti's - basically the same as yours but without the file, one has a rubbery grip instead of just the hard plastic. They take an amazing edge and the edge retention is superb, I like them a lot.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Good for you spandit mate, as you know I like the Hultafors knives.
You could have asked me for one of mine out of my store and saved yourself a couple of quid mind.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
No need for a file when you have a SHARP knife like that.
I re handled a few of them today, cracking bit of Japanese steel for the money.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
The tang is between five and six centimetres long with a hole on the end.
Hacksaw cuts them off easily.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I have one aswell mate very good knives, its the mora's big brother.
I think it will be a perfect knife for you as I recall you saying that you like a chunky handle. you should defo make a nice sheeth for if, Im gonna make one for mine when I get a chance. enjoy your new knife

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I did a few handles with a stainless steel pin through that hole in the tang, makes it seem much harder to break, probably OK without.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE