bottle stove making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

simonmx23

Nov 30, 2009
wallsend
I am thinking of setting up a website on information and selling bottle stoves. Do yous think there is a damand for this or not. The only ones I could find were in the USA.
Thanks

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Im sure there would be a demand for it but the determining factor would also be your target market and the marketing you use to sell them.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Do you mean the little meths burners people make? I'd be surprised if you could make a living from them but websites are cheap & you can try selling a few on eBay

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Do you mean the Aluminium beer bottle things - ie not the normal coke-can penny stoves etc? If its the latter, there's hundreds of them on ebay, at ridiculously low prices, including some camping set-ups that seems barely to cover the cost of raw materials! If the former (with "professional" equivalents like the White Box sideburner stove, or Tinny's Elite or BIOS 4 models), you're right, there's much less of these sold in the UK. As long as you can get a good supply of the bottles, why not give it a go? Make a few and try them out on ebay - if demand is there, and the price is right, you can ramp up production!

As far as a web-site goes, there are lots of them already giving alcohol home-made stove advice. But as a tool to help publicise your stove - ie a marketing tool - probably a good idea.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE