Boredcraft fire!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
went to work this morning spent 6hrs bored came home and thought what shall i do to cheer myself up so i carved a bowdrill set the spindle was seasoned hazel and the hearth was crack willow the bearing block was hornbeam, took about 25mins with axe and knife from wood to fire.
bow drill set after elbow action
Picture1041.jpg

coal formed
Picture1042.jpg

quite a large coal smoldering nicely
Picture1044.jpg

fire :naughty:
Picture1049.jpg

well it did the trick! :wink:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
cheers tony i used a pice of hornbeam branch with another branch coming out from it i cut the projecting branch off leaving the knot then carved a socket from the said knot, being very hard this polished very smooth and shiny while using the bow drill, causing very low friction and needed no lubrication. blimmin good i say :wink:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I want to have a go at the firedrill soon but it has been raining here pretty much all week, where did you get the wood PaganWolf?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i do it in my living room.. just make sure your catching ALL the hot dust.. and your mum is not looking.. or smelling.. infact its probably not an advisable thing to do.. :wink:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
i got the wood from out the back of my gaff
Picture1020.jpg
theres willow and hornbeam just outside my back gate, it had been raining and was spitting when i did this one, dont let that stop you scotty, its nearly always raining in our neck of the woods little bro :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE