Boot problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I had to do a late football match the other night so I wrapped up well.

But I had cold feet....

I was wearing two pairs of thick socks under my army boots and was still cold.

And my boots are trouble.

The soles are crumbling...yet I have never worn them much.

(I could post a pic if you like)

I assume resoleing would not be worth it. But its so annoying.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
May be that you had too thick a layer under your boots, if they are too tight it cuts off the circulation your feet freeze! Wearing gaiters seems to keep the bottom of my legs warm(obviously :rolleyes: ), but in doing so they keep my feet warmer too. You could try a decent set of insoles, insulate yourself from the ground more. Boots and insoles were issued seperately, the issue type look like a plastic cheese grater, buying surplus might mean you didn't get insoles.
As for the soles crumbling, did you get them new? The soles aren't very good with POL,petrol,oil and lubricants, it breaks down the rubber and cuts the working life down by a hell of a lot. Where have they been stored?sunlight, in a window or the back of a car, can break down most plastic or rubber too.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Amen to everything Goose said,
Room for the blood to circulate, insoles are great (if there is room) and try better socks rather than two pairs of cheaper ones. Bridgdales and Brashers are pretty good.

ATB

Ogri the trog

PS you might be able to revive the leather of your boots with dubbin etc but if the soles are really as bad as you describe, maybe a new pair are on the cards!

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
A friend once rubbed Deep Heat into his feet to try and increase circulation and warmth, I don't recommend it.

Go with the Brashers and insole, try a sport trainer insole if you can find one to fit the boots they are very good.

Good luck Pothunter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE