Boot market buys

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Always a good place to find things you want boot markets.
Today's find is a sgian dubh, antler handle Sheffield blade that has a little rust, the bellows were thrown in for nothing as (they don't work) the stall holder told me, they will when I put new leather on them, looking forward to doing that, the wood looks to be oak, the end of the bellows are bronze and iron.

Bellowsknife001.jpg

Bellowsknife002.jpg

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Ooooh! I like that Knife, a lot!
Bring it with you Wednesday mate for me to have a gander at?:)
Well done on the finds, the bellows are going to be nice when done!

RM

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
they look the biz mate, as per RM, bring the blade along on Wednesday, id like to see that, will you be using the bellows at a Sussex meet once you have fixed them, so you can keep the fire going?:rolleyes:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the replies guys. Mike, I like the slide rule thingy, for inner and outer measurement, forgot what they are called.
Shaggy, repair along thread, not sure of that might try it.
Boot market thread would be good, saves putting it in the wrong place.
As for you two rascals, I'll bring the blade along if you make tea all day for me, BIG ones at that.
As for using them at the Sussex meet. no these are a museum piece, no need for them either if everybody feeds the fire once in a while.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Forgot to mention A very nice wood working vice was also got on the Saturday market and has been fitted in place in my garage workshop along with a smaller one as well that needed attention and is now good to go.
Pictures to follow as quite a few things to show, boot markets, don't you just love em.

Last edited:

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
Thanks for the replies guys. Mike, I like the slide rule thingy, for inner and outer measurement, forgot what they are called.
Shaggy, repair along thread, not sure of that might try it.
Boot market thread would be good, saves putting it in the wrong place.
As for you two rascals, I'll bring the blade along if you make tea all day for me, BIG ones at that.
As for using them at the Sussex meet. no these are a museum piece, no need for them either if everybody feeds the fire once in a while.

Slide things are Vernier Calipers :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE