Books and Mags.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Just started a new job wich involves 4 x 12 hour shifts then 4 days off, as a consiquence I have a load of time to kill at work. I have already re read Ray's book and the 2 Tom Brown books I have. Does any one know if there is a mag that covers bushcrafty things, I'm looking into books at the moment :eek:):

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
There's this. It's an American mag that covers primitive living skills, never read it but one of our US members may have some more info.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
one possibility is buying secound hand magazines such as
SWAT (survival weaponary and techniques)
(it later became "SOAT"survival and outdoor techniques)

another option is combat and survival, old version and new version,

as you've guessed it both magazines have the military content that has typecast many bushcrafters as rambo's

but...

the information is there and it is worth while info you can still buy whole collections on ebay, and some have been sold through BCUK!

i used to collect both and kept the useful bits which now make up a sort of scrap book of pages.

also you can download a few bits, FM 21-76 is always good for a laugh, the US army survival manual.

basically otherwise it's a case of shopping in charity shops for the out of print ones!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE