Bohemian hello...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thehobbit

Jan 17, 2017
Czech Rep.
Greetings to all from a new-ish member (though long time lurking from behind the trees) from the Czech Republic..

I am not sure whether I ought to call myself a proper bushcrafter, but I like to spend time in the woods, walking (or cycling)... Generally escaping from the 4 walls and 1 screen (office job by day, translator/bookdesigner/publisher by night)... I do enjoy cooking out there, sometimes whittling, but most of the time I happen to enjoy my time with a camera (often quite large...), making negatives, which are then printed in a traditional manner in the darkroom... And as the kids are growing I hope to have many a more days (and nights) with them out there...

Anyway, just saying hello and thank you all for the immense amoung of knowledge accumulated here..

Cheers,

Andrej a.k.a. thehobbit

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Welcome in.

I'm a hopeless bushcrafter, I have the knives, firestarting kit, stoves, and still use a firelighter block to light my campfire. Not always, but if time is getting on and I want a fire fast. Trips out need to be enjoyable, not a chore.

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
Then again, what is the defenition of bushcraft and where is the line drawn.
As long as you breathe fresh air and enjoy yourself in the woods, is it not enough.
Wellcomes from a snowstorm in Finland!

thehobbit

Jan 17, 2017
Czech Rep.
Thank you all for your welcome!
Mucking around in woods sounds exactly right to me.. :) And yes, I do pick mushrooms as well - an excellent way to spend time in the woods with kids too! A real quest for them (even though they do not enjoy eating them as much as I do :) )

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Cook them right and they will love it!

If they like meat loaf add them finely chopped to the mixture .

Mushrooms are an excellent source of minerals including Cesium 137!

thehobbit

Jan 17, 2017
Czech Rep.
Cook them right and they will love it!

If they like meat loaf add them finely chopped to the mixture .

Mushrooms are an excellent source of minerals including Cesium 137!

Ha, well, you should see their ability to pick them out, however fine you cut them :) I am quite a decent cook, both in the kitchen and by the campfire, but I can't fool the little ones ;) (And I do not want to.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE