Body grip traps - lega staus in the UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KlementoRicard

Nov 3, 2016
London
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone can answer me this question: what is the status of the body grip traps (conibear) in the UK? I know the usage is strictly regulated and only small animals can be spring trapped. However, I am not going to use the big ones (#220 and #330) here. I only want to posses them. I want to import these traps to the UK and then after a small modification resell them to another country where it is legal to use them (Russia, Norway, USA, etc.) But I have no idea if it actually is legal or illegal to import/posses these traps. I know for sure that the use of gin traps has been banned in the UK in the 1950s but it is not illegal to sell and posses them. I have seen many on ebay.

I have contacted DEFRA and Natural England and they could not answer this question. They suggested I contact Department of trade to ask about it. But there must be someone in this country who knows if it is legal or not. I simple want to avoid situation when I order some of these and the police will knock on my door telling me I need to jail or pay a hefty fine. Would the situation with coil spring traps be the same?

As I said - I do not want to use these traps. They are intended to kill larger animals like otter/beaver but only in countries where it is legal.

Thanks a lot for any kind of help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE