Blasted rain

Thenihilist

Nomad
Oct 3, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Anyone else getting this rain? Heaviest I've ever experienced.Having not left the house since this morning I decided it was just drizzle, so loaded my bag intending to head to the woods, distill some birch bark into glue and finish adding the third ply to my nettle rope, I only got 1/4 mile from the hoose before it got really heavy, so heavy intact I couldn't see or hear much at all, I would normally just stick my poncho on and sit it out but not in the middle of a town.Maybe tommorow

Thenihilist

Nomad
Oct 3, 2011
Fife, Scotland
On a positive note this leather jacket I got from my dad is excellent, still dry underneath, craghopper trouser were okay and after only 30 mins with no heat there almost dry, just need better boots and a hat.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I went to one of Ray Mears talks in Glasgow, and someone asked him where was the most difficult place to light a fire; he said it was here :rolleyes:

It's been pretty wet over this side of the country, but nothing like the deluge that Fife's had. Stay safe :)

As a side note, it's blooming hard to keep boots totally dry. They need some ventilation because our skins sweat. Lot of folks are swearing by sealskinz socks these days.

cheers,
Toddy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Funny enough it was pouring down from midday yesterday to around midday today, more or less non stop. I say funny 'cause it's the first time in years that it's rained so heavily for so long here. Didn't stop me going out but although coat, over-trousers & boots held up nicely I'm gonna have to seriously sort out my leather hat which after a few hours started to absorb water & although it didn't actually leak (i.e. my noggin remained dry) it become quite heavy, dank & uncomfortable. I should have pitched the tent too just to check it can still handle a downpour :rolleyes:

The poor mutt looked like a drowned rat but the rain has never bothered him. :D,

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE