Blacksmithing EBook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
For those who want to learn a wee bit more about how to go about blacksmithing without access to the "proper" tools - as I've demoed at a couple of the moots - there is a PDF of "Basic Blacksmithing - An introduction to toolmaking with locally available materials" online. My understanding is that this was originally written as a primer for people to go out and teach the basics in less industrial countries.

http://ftpforge.chez-alice.fr/Blacksmithing.pdf

(I haven't been able to find out what the copyright situation is regarding this either - I have the hardcopy purchased through Amazon)

Reactions: KIMBOKO

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I have this book too . Its useful if your just starting out in blacksmithing ,
It shows how they smith in the poorer countries in a much simpler manner .
Definately worth a read .
Pumbaa

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Funny thing is that I have kept hold of a 18 inch section of 110 Lb per yard railway track for about 14 years just to use as an anvil.

Maybe it will get a bit more use now :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
thanks for the link mate! - i've got my 'copy' now ~ just something else for swmbo to complain about :eek: ;)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
going to ressurect this thread as i'm after ebooks on blacksmithing. Soon i will have access to a forge and really want to try my hand at forging, just something simple so after any good resources to get my introduced to it any help would be great

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Search for .
Practical_blacksmithing-1900.pdf
Blacksmithing.pdf
Practical_blacksmithing.pdf
They are some of mine but I can't remember there sources.
P.m me your email ill send them over if you struggle boss .

Paddytray .;

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
How did you get on have you found any worth a look . I was recommended a book . The complete modern blacksmith by Alexander G. WEYGERS
uploadfromtaptalk1377107320237.jpg
I found a copy on Amazon. Its worth a read mate .
Paddytray .;

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
the ones of interest i already had i think, i did just buy one off amazon for a couple quid though. have heard that modern blacksmith book is good too may get that. need to read the half a dozen i already have first though ;)

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I know its alot of reading! .
I spent a year reading / watching on youtube . bcuk helped alot so did the britishblades forum . And iforgeiron forum . All before I lit a forge and im still doing all the above today .
Good luck I hope for some w.i.p posts from you very soon .
Paddytray .;

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE