blacksmithing courses for bushcraft enthusiasts

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
Hey fire boy
tbh, i would like to start at the begining with projects like how to manage the forge correctly, how to make some basic tools like a hammer, tongs, chisels ( cold and hot), punches and an anvil. How to gauge the temperature by eye for different metals. I have read all this, but its hard to visualize the real thing, having 0 experience.
Perhaps a weekend doing all this so we could walk away with the tools and knowledge to make more than a knife
tupence spent up, and if this was a course i would be first on to it!!
Regards, mike

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Hi Fireboy and welcome to the forum. How about posting some pics of the sort of work you have been doing now? It's always good to know what folk can do. So many folk call themselves blacksmiths these days when really they are only metal benders and welders. We love pictures of good craftwork whatever it is.

Hi Fireboy and welcome to the forum. How about posting some pics of the sort of work you have been doing now? It's always good to know what folk can do. So many folk call themselves blacksmiths these days when really they are only metal benders and welders. We love pictures of good craftwork whatever it is.

Hey Robin many thanks please find attached the link to my other website, this shows all the types of work i undertake. Where possible all gates are mortice and tennon jointed with firewelding as well.http://www.awartistblacksmiths.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE