Blacksmithing and forging books

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Starting to out t Xmas list together and I want some reading on blacksmithing and forging. Can anyone recommend any good books on these subjects for the enthusiast wanting to start home smithing?

cheers

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
http://www.markaspery.com/School_of_Blacksmithing/Home.html

Book one two and three if you can afford them all. These are recommended by the British Artist Blacksmith Association, and are truly excellent. I've got a pair waiting for me back home and a professional smith friend of mine says he refers to his copies almost daily.

Buying new us probably the way to go, as I understand it many many people have a dog eared copy and very few are willing to part with them.

In this day and age, I've found YouTube to be an excellent learning tool, Mark Aspery has a YouTube presence so have a watch on there.

Andy

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Cheers for the replies. I have been looking to YouTube to start to learn but I would also prefer to have some good written knowledge to refer to.

Sorry old mate, but apparently Lindsay publishers have closed down, but someone else has taken over. It's to be hoped they offer the same sort of service and scope as their predecessors.

If you google Lindsay, full details of the take over company are available.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE