Blacks on the blacklist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Funny enough I have just had to wait 6-7 weeks for Chris Caine knife and although i checked its progress twice just to make sure I had not been forgotten I was happy to wait.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
At least there you are waiting for a bespoke hand crafted item which i am sure will be a work of art when done, i was only after a standard width size 9 boot

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I had clearly forgotten all about the please wait 28 days for delivery days of my younger days

We now try to make most of what we need. I marvel now that anyone can produce a T shirt for £2.50. Imagine producing your own fibres and then weaving the cloth then cutting and stitching to size. What would it be worth to you?

I recall making a bag of sugar from scratch. I value that sugar at hundreds of pounds. It took two years.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
When i was a kid my mother alway said anyone who wants more than 2 spoons of sugar in their cuppa is just being greedy, i'd hate to see what she would have said is she had made the sugar herself over 2 years.

I grow my own sacred cacti sacraments and it took 17 years to grow enough for my first spiritual journey, just another 14 years until the next one

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Take the bloody shoes back in a bag, they will send them off, they will more than likely give a new pair or a refund...it ain't rocket science.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
We now try to make most of what we need. I marvel now that anyone can produce a T shirt for £2.50. Imagine producing your own fibres and then weaving the cloth then cutting and stitching to size. What would it be worth to you?

*looks at the pile of fleece behind her, carded and ready to be spun on a drop spindle*

Am trying to make a medieval dress from scratch. I have a pile of black fleece ready to spin, Now just need to spin it. It's gonna take years...

I recall making a bag of sugar from scratch. I value that sugar at hundreds of pounds. It took two years.

OOI, how did you make the sugar? Home grown sugar beet?

Take the bloody shoes back in a bag, they will send them off, they will more than likely give a new pair or a refund...it ain't rocket science.

Not an option, I can't be without a pair of walking shoes for that length of time.

Julia

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It is flip flop season. Poundland has them.

What size shoe are you. Might be able to find you some back ups. Not flip flops ;)

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Julia, not sure if you mentioned your shoe size, but I've had 3 or 4 pairs of shoes from charity shops, and I've got size 45, they've usually got smaller ones. (my wife got a pair of leather walking boots for a fiver brasher i think?)They often have trainers. 24-48 hours in a bag in a freezer will kill shoe cooties if you're uncomfortable about pre-owned shoes.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Sugar thread was good reading, I see what you meant by precious after all that work

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
If the staff had given you a full refund when you walked into the shop wearing the shoes, how would you have walked out?

Barefoot?

They didn't give me a refund, so I walked out wearing the shoes. If you read my responses you will see I have emailed their customer care and await their response.

Note: I am not after a refund, I am after a pair of shoes that are not falling apart within 100 days of purchase.

Julia

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
If they had said "we'll send them away and let you know within 24-48 hours", I might have been happier with them sending them to the warehouse. But 2 weeks is IMHO, taking the ****. What if your car dealership said they would send your car off somewhere for 2 weeks and not give you a courtesy car?

I am awaiting email from blacks.

Julia

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
......Note: I am not after a refund, I am after a pair of shoes that are not falling apart within 100 days of purchase.

Julia

Two questions:
1) Yes we know what you're after and it sounds as if you may very well get that result, but! What if they decide to give a refund instead?
2) If you're dissatisfied with the product, why do you really want a replacement anyway?

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Two questions:
1) Yes we know what you're after and it sounds as if you mat very well get that result, but! What if they decide to give a refund instead?
2) If you're dissatisfied with the product, why do you really want a replacement anyway?

Because it's only one out of the pair, and based on previous experience of these shoes they usually last well. I think this is an anomaly and thus another pair shouldn't have the same issue. This is my 3rd pair of TNF Hedgehog shoes, the previous pairs lasting significantly longer and putting up with a lot more abuse.

If they did give a refund, I would use it to buy another pair of shoes...

Juliah

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Sounds like the "principle of the thing" is more important than the "actual thing" in this case.

Wearing the shoes to the shop
Claiming not to have any other shoes.
Not being satisfied with them being sent off.
Being satisfied with them being sent off but not with a standard 2 week turnaround.

It was daft wearing them into the shop - you wouldn't do that with defective trousers or any other item of clothing. Even a hat.

I don't believe you don't have any other shoes.

You probably won't want the same boots back so send them off and get a refund and in the meantime buy other boots then you can carry on as per usual.

I'm sympathetic that your shoes wore out too quickly, but you sure don't make it easy for yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE