Blacks and Millets deals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Conan257

Jan 21, 2011
Lincoln
Popped in while waiting for my opticians appointment, some GREAT deals on in store..

I got:

Eurohike Durawrap 8.5mm x4m tent pole kit. RRP £8.99 Mine for £1

2 Compression Sacks. RRP £8.99 Mine of £1 each

Blacks non-stick cookset, 370g set. RRP £17.99 Mine for £5

Very happy day of bargain hunting...

And even got a hug from a guy with a "Free Hugs" sign...

Conan257

Jan 21, 2011
Lincoln
They're end of line stuff, so don't appear on the website...

Got to take the luck of the draw with your nearest one I think matey. Lincoln had 3 medium and 1 large, I took 1 of each size.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
i went into blacks in norwich yesterday and they had a load of bargain buckets and clearance lines upstairs. bought one of them thermometer compass keyrings for £3 (better than the usual £5). it looks like they're trying to clear out befroe the summer as all the summer kit is reduced.

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
Blacks and Millets are both part of Blacks Group (PLC). They have recently been bought out by JD Sports...
Well worth a wander round the bricks and mortar shops at the moment.The way that JD Sports, Blacks and Millets did the deal is petty questionable ethically. JD Sports were negotiation to buy Blacks but they couldn't agree a price so "The deals involved what is known as a pre-pack arrangement, under which both firms briefly went into administration, before being sold." That arrangement could potentially allow millions of pounds owed to creditors to be written off. I've not got access to all the details of the deal so am simply speculating but this is the only reason for the pre-pack arrangement that I can see making sense.That won't stop me taking a look around the shops tomorrow.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I called into the Millets at Leeds White Rose centre the other night, barely anything left in there now. Just a few pairs of shoes and some sleeping bags, it looked as though the staff were clearing the remaining stuff into the storeroom and preparing to shut down.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Absolutely everything was reduced and ransacked in my local store, EXCEPT what I went in there for. There sitting amidst the chaos and bare shelves were four hooks of fully stocked Wayfarer meals. Seems no one else wanted them in the middle of Winter apart from me. The only damned things in there at full price. The swines!!!

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
Thanks for this thread! Took the morning (now looks like entire day) off to hit Blacks and Millets and picked up a few bargains. Looks like they will both remain but the sale was worth it! Grabbed TWO junior sleeping bags (for UQ conversion) for £4.80. They were £3 each at millets but they're having a blue cross special and everything is 20% off.

Little dog walkers kit for £3 (bowl, ball, leash, LED light and baggies.) Plus 2 pairs of socks BOGOF. Unfortunately the food was not on sale and neither was the 45L rucksack I had my eye on :(

Well worth the trip still!

Last edited:

Conan257

Jan 21, 2011
Lincoln
Every chance the vast majority of Blacks and Millets will remain...This appears to be the standard end-of-season/line clearence, albeit a little more discounted than usual!

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
If you are in the Oxford area, the news as told to me by a staff member is that the Oxford Blacks will remain but will be upgraded to sell more high end stuff: in other words, go back to what Black's used to be before poor management turned them into a fashion clothes store with a few other lines. I was very pleased to hear this for the sake of the staff who will keep their jobs. It's such a shame that hard working staff are let down by poor management who take short-term decisions with the aim of maximising profits without knowing much about the products they sell or the needs of their core clientele. No, I don't have a pecuniary interest, just sadness for a firm I have patronised for 50 years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE