Blacks 3 season down bags half price.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
Blacks Apex ledge 400 goose down bag, rated 3 season, weight 1085g, down from £129.99 to £64.99.
Just picked one up from Blacks, Manchester. They still had a couple left, but also some one and two season down bags also.

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
Actually, before you do, I'm not sure it's such a good deal. They're only discounting it from £95, despite what the label says: there's no shoulder or zip baffle, and while it's box construction, it doesn't look that great a fill. Looks more like a 2 season to me.
Mine's probably going back.

Tried to find a review, but other than the Black's site, where it gets a 2.5 out of five for being cold and not having baffles, can't see anything else.

Yesterday, how do you rate yours?

iboga

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2010
England
Avoid these bags!!
I purchased one last year for tent use in Galloway in September and they DO NOT keep you warm =[ ended up eBaying mine and stating that its a 2-3season.
Don't expect it to keep you warm unless you're using a decent liner and/or extra layers.
On a plus side, it is light and well constructed.

Last edited:

iboga

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2010
England
I do use a silk liner in my bags and in a bivy bag but I run hot too usually.

That would explain it.
I had to borrow a liner from a mate, bless him! He was using a Marmot Down which was waay better quality than the Blacks.
But I guess you get what you pay for..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE