Bl--dy cars

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Guy's

Big sorry for not being on the site much, but all my spare time has been trying to getting my oldest sons GTI Turbo car back on the road properly . The thing run like a bag of nuts missing & poping, and with that the wife car needed new handbrake shoe and back disc . Then to add to it all my other son want the cam belt do on his car . So i have been getting my hands dirty , hopefully i'll be back .

So does crime pay ask a garage!!

Cheers
Topknot

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
It often feels this way with cars. I remember changing an engine in a 3500 Ram and then driving away to have the synchro on 3rd eat itself and die. Could have cried...

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
gearbox's i've played with them in the past too.

Had a crankshaft sensor go on the wife car £100 for a new one and £500.00 in lab . so i did it myself and paid £60 for the sensor

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just had new battery fitted (old one corroded and died), and now have a knocking noise in the left front that means the cv joint has gone - again! This car seems prone to that.

I don't know one end of anything mechanical from the other.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Theres never a great time for cars to go wrong but this close to Christmas........:confused:

Ive had the last two days off work due to my van breaking down,just fixed it so back to work tomorrow:rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
This year my wife's car has had - new exhaust pipe elements, new heater fan, new headlight bulb, new horn ... and a couple of other bits including a new catalytic converter!
It is a good thing it is still under warrantee!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I feel your pain Andy......I've just spent £1000 on a Freelander in six months, it only cost £1000 and I've had enough of it so sold back to the garage but they'd only give me £400 so I've lost £1600 in six months :(
Got an old Honda 4x4 now......much better :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE