bivvy bags for kids?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
would any of you kind people know where i could lay my hands on a couple of bivvy bags that are suitable for an 8 and 10 year old girls? with a few years growing room would be good.
i thought jack pyke sold them but having checked their website, alas a dead end.

regards jamie.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
My 9 year old was fine in a Rab Storm a couple of weekends ago. I guess you could look at Alpkit Hunkas too (if it were me I'd just get adult ones. I've bought kids sleeping bags before and got very little use out of them before they were too small. I've since come across a little trick where you just use adult bags and shorten them with a belt or something - ie to reduce the volume they have to warm)

Hope that helps

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi, just a reminder that some bivvy bags MUST NOT be fully closed else suffocation can occur, small kids playing would probaly not be aware of this !!!! if i was you i would check with manufacturer of chosen bag.

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Jamie, There were a couple of recent threads here selling uk forces bivvys for about 30 quid. I got one of them.

Took the kids to brockers last weekend for two nights. Had a ball but the 6yro's sleeping bag was crap. Now wondering what to get her next.

John

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
T

or perhaps these as a budget option? (not tried them myself):

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1648

I've got a couple of these which I bought a few months back. Haven't had the chance to use them though so can't comment on their effectiveness outdoors as all I've done is tried them for size in my living room.

I washed & re-proofed them as soon as I got them but I suppose I really should try a 'spray test' under the shower to see how useful they are before using them in anger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE