Bivi Shopping advice...pretty please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fizzlebang

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2009
Surrey
hi all,
I am lookng about for a Bivi at the moment and have read several threads on here for research but what i would like to know is are they generous with size? I am 6 foot 2 and weigh over 18 stone so no lightweight...are there Bivis that are bigger than others or is it something not to worry about?

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
British army issue ones are very roomy but have a mummy bag style opening so can be annoying sometimes to get in/out.
The US issue and Dutch ones are big and roomy but have the advantage of zip opening so are easier to enter/exit.

Are you looking for a bag or hooped shelter type bivi? The shelter types tend to be abit tighter in my expirience and can be abit claustrophobic

Last edited:

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
The British standard issue Bivi Bag is 2m x 95cm at the shoulders and is slightly tapered, some other civilian designs are more square /oblong and have a 'hood' for your bergan etc: http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=126&products_id=1562

Alternatively you can go for the hooped design which may give you more room and feel less cramped, the British one is very long and quite wide: http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=71&products_id=1779

Im quite small so can't really say if they will fit but both are worth a look. Sombody else maybe able to help.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
British army special forces ones have a vast opening as meant to get in fully kitted! I have one and its huge!

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
rab-assault-bivi-bag.jpg

rab assault bivi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE