Bits I have made - comments please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
[IMG]I just thought I would share this picture of some of the Bushcraft “bits” I have made.
For the technically minded the picture shows: spoons and “Foon” (fork and spoon) carved from box and sycamore, cup( from pine), awl and needles from bone and porcupine quill, spatula from hazel, containers from birch and hazel bark, cordage from nettle, willow and raffia, arrow from hazel with a bone head, spear head from slate, pine resin/charcoal glue sticks, metal arrowhead (made from a nail in the “bushman” style), pouches from leather and a selection of knives.
The knives mainly have Swedish carbon steel blades, though the one far right is of stainless steel – cut down from a cheap kitchen knife!
Any comments would be welcome as I am basically self educated on this kind of subject , having only recently joined BCUK. - what happened to my picture? Help!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've got a porcupine quill, I always wondered what to do with it. It is in my car and I use it for a time filler when nothing is happening, nobody yet has been able to tell me what it is!

I'm looking forward to seeing this picture.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE