Bison Bushcraft Friction Folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Bison Bushcraft Friction Folder

Never Made one of these before so I took a day out last week to have a go. It's 4mm Damasteel with a blade just shy of 3 inches. The blade is zero/scandi ground and 59hrc. Handle is curly birch on brass liners and there phosphur bronze bushes at the 3/16" pivot pin. I've just got to etch my name on it and make leather pouch for it.
Should all be finished in time to take to The Knife show.

frictionfolder.jpg

frictionfolder3.jpg

frictionfolder2.jpg

Roger
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today 10:27 AM

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Thats a stunner,when are you taking orders?Fancying one in o1 with micarta scales,don't forget i asked first!
If that is for sale at the knife show you will be trampled on in the rush.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Thats a stunner,when are you taking orders?Fancying one in o1 with micarta scales,don't forget i asked first!
If that is for sale at the knife show you will be trampled on in the rush.

It will be at the show, even if I sell it first I need to take something to show. I never seem to have much time to make stock these days.

I could do an O1 version in Micarta if you want. call me to discuss.

Roger

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
frictionfolder4.jpg

Here it is in a leather neck carry pouch that also serves as a safety feature, keeping it closed.
Roger

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
never really like friction folders, just don't seem safe to me, (i'm no expert so don't want or need lectures) but that is one hell of a good looking knife

Dave

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
never really like friction folders, just don't seem safe to me, (i'm no expert so don't want or need lectures) but that is one hell of a good looking knife

Dave

I thought the same thing Dave until recently when I managed to buy a Michael Morris friction folder. What I found was that the blade when open fits very tight into the handle giving you a reassuring feeling when used. I always thought the blade would be loose and floppy but that is not the case at all. I liked it so much I have now ordered one to my own specs.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
It will be at the show, even if I sell it first I need to take something to show. I never seem to have much time to make stock these days.

I could do an O1 version in Micarta if you want. call me to discuss.

Roger

Thanks Roger,may well be in touch after my holiday,which i have mentioned cancelling to SWMBO to finance the above purchase, did not go down well, no sense of humour.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi roger i like the folder been toy ing with the idea of having one we will see.by the way just wondering when the knife show is and where regards dave

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE