bird feather ID book

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Ever picked up a feather and wondered what it was from? Can you tell woodcock, from snipe or rook from carrion crow from 1 feather? With this book you can easily. It felt a bit of an extravagance when I bought my hardback for 17.95 in 1990 but it is probably the guide that has seen most use since. It really is great fun.

Tracks and Signs of the Birds of Britain and Europe

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0713653825?tag=swoggle2115-21

"Featuring updated data for this second edition, this is a field guide to the tracks and signs of European birds. It describes, with colour illustrations, the many physical signs that can be found in the field. From feathers and skulls to prey remains and pellets, the volume seeks to enable the field ornithologist to establish the presence of a species without necessarily ever encountering the bird itself. Using the information provided, readers should be able to learn much about their local birds' habitat use and lifestyles. This edition includes ten new plates of artwork, and covers a number of new species."

There are skulls, tracks etc but 60% of the book is feathers and that is what we find 90% of the time. I would highly recommendnd it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE