Birch spoon with first kolrosing emblem attempt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Can I get BCUK's opinion on something?

I've been messaged by a volunteer at Butser about maybe selling one of my spoons to Neil Burridge, who is a bronze sword maker who sometimes does workshops at the Farm. I've never met him. I really don't think my work is of a quality to be sold. There are people who've been doing carving for a very long time and I'd feel strange about selling my stuff. I'm a complete novice and I barely know how to make a proper crank. I think this person assumes I've been making wood utensils for a long time simply because I have a "fancy" kolrosed symbol on my latest spoon. I may have learnt a lot over the past few weeks, but I'd much prefer to send someone from BCUK in my stead. Is this a... valid response? Am I silly to reject the offer? I guess it's all about principles for me. I'd feel bad getting money from what would be only my fifth carving. Most of you have been doing carving for years and years. I'm not even a real craftsman.

I really like the fact you want to learn to walk before to run as the saying goes, but if he wants one, why not? Gets more practice in :).

I'm sure he'll love them, they look great! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE