Birch Matchbox/Tray

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I thought I'd try my hand at a small project today so I made this little Birch bark match box. It's a simple rectangle of bark folded into a box shape and held together by two thin sticks. It was a little tricky as the bark was dry and very near to tearing on multiple edges, but I managed to insert the sticks and it works quite well. I like the idea of using it for matches. You can see I made it originally with the white bark on the inside, but realised that didn't look good, so I inverted it without a problem.

A nice Sunday afternoon project.

IFiT7lF.jpg

Last edited:

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Glad to see you found some workable bark! Well done :) Clever idea to hold everything together with just two sticks too.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice work,

You're becoming quite the natural craftsman these days. Enjoying watching the transformation of your skill set as you explore materials and have fun. And you get lovely practical things to have and give as a result. Keep up the excellent work, always enjoy seeing stuff as you make it.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Nice work,

You're becoming quite the natural craftsman these days. Enjoying watching the transformation of your skill set as you explore materials and have fun. And you get lovely practical things to have and give as a result. Keep up the excellent work, always enjoy seeing stuff as you make it.

Thank you, Goatboy. Your words are much appreciated.

I'm planning to make quite a few more utensils, and even a special Lord of the Rings themed spoon which has a complex design with multiple parts, but it's the wood I need to acquire first. That's the problem, sir. Believe me I'm looking.

Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE