BioLite FirePit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
AvE's review has to be one of the most honest I've seen on YouTube lol

Something with the kickstart video niggled me so checked the Biolite FAQ's

Q: Does the FirePit create electricity?
A: Nope - the FirePit is designed to radiate heat, not concentrate it (which is why we have the x-ray mesh benefit), so its intended use and benefit puts it at odds with TEG optimization.

Q: How long does the Solar Cover take to recharge the power pack to full?
A:The Solar Cover is designed to take about 4-5 days to charge the power pack to full.

At £150 plus shipping I reckon t will be a rare sight on these shores.

FYI -Could be bad news ahead for Biolite this thermoelectric beastie & others like it have been spotted in China.
bioliteclone.jpg

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I imagine you get a complete combustion, so just pure ashes as a result. Also very efficient (= less fuel needed).

The downside is the bulk and weight, not so good if you are backpacking in the Nature.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Maybe a long canoe trip through populated countryside.
No camp fires allowed and the constant hum of people & traffic noise, the Biolite might not even rise above the ambient noise pollution.

That doesn't happen here. There's only forest sounds and the crackle of a driftwood camp fire on some river beach.
No artficial lights, no cell coverage. Just you and the bugs.

I lived on Nipew (Lake of the Dead) on the Churchill River one summer.
5 months. 40 miles(?) from the only road. One month, I saw nobody.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The fan speed is controllable. So it was suitable made suitable for hot tenting, could still generate electricity without need for the fan running.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My friend got one as a gift. Seems to do it's job as a stove well just gotta get it plenty hot to get it charging. Cool bit of kit but not for me personally.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I bought a biolite base amp two years ago. I have even tried to use it yet. Suppose that says have useful it is to me (at the moment) I still think it's got its place and it will be used eventually, just not for the type of camping I've been doing.

It's a shame the BBQ couldn't generate its own power to drive the fans. That would be a tool, though even more expensive.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
AvE's review has to be one of the most honest I've seen on YouTube lol

Something with the kickstart video niggled me so checked the Biolite FAQ's

At £150 plus shipping I reckon t will be a rare sight on these shores.

FYI -Could be bad news ahead for Biolite this thermoelectric beastie & others like it have been spotted in China.
View attachment 45999

I've seen a lot of interest in Biolite, but no true positive feedback. To me it's faddy, overpriced, gadgety rubbish. I've a couple of Anker portable chargers that will easily do me a week if I don't hammer my phone. A nice fire, and charging a phone are so disconnected to me. Oh, and it's very expensive and doesn't charge anything.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE