Bioblitz on Cumbrae

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
In my email this evening I have the following; I thought it might be of interest to some here :)

Event: Bioblitz Cumbrae

Organised by Field Studies Council - Millport

Date: Sat 25th - Sun 26th July 2015

We are trying to record as many species as possible within 24 hours on the Isle of Cumbrae. Please come along and help us to celebrate the incredible biodiversity on the island.

If you know anyone that may be interested in coming please ask them to email me their contact details so I can keep them informed of the program. I really hope it will be a great opportunity for people to get together and share their expertise.

We are still looking for more people to help identify organisms on the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated even if just identifying really common things with confidence will help.

So far to include: small mammal trapping, moth trap, botany walk, bird walk, rocky shore exploration, OPAL surveys, pond dipping, bat walk, snorkel survey and tree trail.
We are gathering some support and now have Tom Hastings from the Bat Conservation Trust coming as well as volunteers from the Bute Natural History Society.

For more information please contact: Bryony Swinfen b_swinfen{at}me.com

Many thanks,
Bryony Swinfen
Volunteer
FSC Millport

P.S. If anyone would like another excuse to visit the FSC’s newest centre I have attached a link below to forthcoming courses at Millport.

http://www.field-studies-council.or...viduals-families/natural-history-courses.aspx

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
I worked on millport last year building a new helipad just off the playing field in millport. Lovely place but a bit busy at the weekends. Plenty of variety in scenery for such a small place, and no doubt in wildlife also though i dont remember much other than rabbits. Wasnt looking mind you, too busy watching drunks on bikes :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE