Bimble & Lunch to celebrate The 39 Steps !!!

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just celebrated 39 years of wedded bliss - we called it doing The 39 Steps !!! - with a brief bimble (more of a trundle really) up on Merbach Ridge. We followed it with a smashing lunch at The Butcher's Arms, Woolhope - recomended if you're ever in the area but bimble first as you'll be too full of ballast to do anything after :D.

IMAG0035.jpgIMAG0030.jpgIMAG0031.jpgIMAG0026.jpgMerbach-long-straight-track.jpg

Here's where we went ... :D

We're expecting Survival Medals to arrive soon ... wonder if we get bushcraft knives to go with ??? Possibly not a good idea ...
:beerchug::rofl::surrender:

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Congratulations!
I have will have been with my better half for 38 years this August (34 years actually married) - it gets better with each year!:)

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Congrats elen. looks like a great day. What did you eat at the pub? The picture 2nd from the right looks like something out of Africa! :)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Wonderfull Elen,what a way to celebrate the anniversary.:) Nice to hear people stay married......
Im on year 26;)Nice pictures too.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
:mexwave:Congratulations Elen to you both. Sounds like a nice day out - good walk, good company & good food. 39 years is impresive too. 26 together with a small break in the middle here.
All the best for the next 39
Colin.

Elen Sentier

Congrats elen. looks like a great day. What did you eat at the pub? The picture 2nd from the right looks like something out of Africa! :)

Paul (Hubby) had a babaganos with flatbreads and olives followed by chickpea tagine. I had black puding roll followed by salitmbocca with pork rather than veal as it's local from just up the road from the pub. I had a pud and some French pudding wine (Monbazilla). We are both now fat as pigs and have smug expressions! The "out of Africa" pic is the view from the top of Merbach Ridge out over the Wye and to the Welsh hills - it's gorgeous!

Elen Sentier

Congratulations!
I have will have been with my better half for 38 years this August (34 years actually married) - it gets better with each year!:)

Well done John :). We count from the day we got together (actually 1st April :rolleyes::D), we eventually got hitched about 7 yrs later (I think) - it was a definitely less important day :D

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Gosh, thats a hill with a view- and some wind too, by the look of the lonesome tree :)

I thought of you guys a fair bit yesterday, pondering why we all thought April Fools day was such a good karma day for marriage :) We're only babbies on 8yr but 20 together... well, didn't want to impulse buy ;) We had a looooong pub afternoon which ended in himself having a binge evening with his wingmen, glad to be home alone with the Youngling tbf as a non drinker ;)

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
Woolhope is my very favourite part of the world and i feel lucky to have it my doorstep. I usually wander along Marcle ridge & drop down into Woolhope for a pint. The Crown next to the church has good food and ales too. Nice pics & thanks for posting. Googled Merbach Hill and it's now very much on my to-do list. Nice pubs round there too. Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE