Bimble Bumbag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

I picked up a Bumbag at a charity shop,i usually take a pack when I'm Scouting for camp locations (on bicycle) but sweaty back isn't good and I want to lighten the load.

Already popped in a mini first aid kit and attached a whistle,I'm going to look for a small water bottle,i would like to have a brew in the woods but I'm not sure how to do that with the small Bumbag?
I might chuck in a compass and a pair of binoculars or they can round my neck.

Anything else I should squeeze in?

Cheers
Buster

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Anything else I should squeeze in?.."

I keep a wee canvas shopping bag in mine to carry anything I can pick up when out in the woods.

I also have a Multitool in there (I'm not in the UK), a small head torch and a few other doo-dads.

A camera sits in a separate pouch, the other pouch contains a 'child support' kit and is removed if the sprogs are not with me..

PA190020.JPG

:)

Last edited:

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
I have Bumbag envy now!

I usually bike as far as I can into locations then proceed on foot so I need to carry water off the bike as well,I'm thinking a kids water bottle might fit in the main compartment but ideally I want a nesting mug/bottle combo that's small and i can cook with the mug?maybe a pipe dream due to the bag size.

I'll let you know what I find.

Buster

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Everything you want/need is out there, generally available and not necessarily expensive. Finding what fits with what and how it can best be put together in the available space can be a bit of a puzzle.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Another brilliant bumbag is the US army "fanny pack". I got a brand new one for £9 and it is big enough to get waterproofs, etc in and comes with a very sturdy belt.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
If you used a separate or semi-separate belt pouch for your bike water bottle when proceeding on foot, it would free up a fair bit of space in your bumbag for brewkit etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE