Billy can - the cheapest ever!

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Does anyone know where I can get a plain tin suitable for making into a Billy can, I'm trying to get one/ make one for under a fiver, plus shopping must be done online ( I like a challenge!)

All suggestions welcome!

On your marks, get set, GO!

Cheers
WIll

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
poke your head into tkmaxx, my current billy was from there, old biscuit tin or something reduced from 5 to 3 pounds, and i got new one to mod recently also, you can also try morrisions, they have some tins, or even woolies might have some knock down stuff, just about anything will do tbh, can be made to do the job, bit of wire or chain for cpl quid and your sorted...

stoo.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Your life will never be the same again once you start checking out the stainless steel section of home stores. Be warned !

BossCat

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2008
Scotland
Try as I did - Woolworth or Carboot sales or ebay!
I think an SS Ice Bucket would make a good cooking pot ... Or woodgas stove as I plan to attempt.

Tom

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think an SS Ice Bucket would make a good cooking pot ... Or woodgas stove as I plan to attempt.

Tom

Just make sure it`s not a double walled bucket Tom as the expanding trapped air could cause a nasty bang when you least expect it.

BossCat

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2008
Scotland
Just make sure it`s not a double walled bucket Tom as the expanding trapped air could cause a nasty bang when you least expect it.

Yes the bucket I ordered is Double walled. I wanted it DW for the specific purpose of making a Woodgas Stove. Dont think they'll be any big bang! once holes have been drilled?

Of course for a cooking pot it would have to be Single wall.

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE