Bike Recomendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
Hi guys really need to get into shape so decided a bike is for me. Want to get a mountain bike with either front or full suspension. Have around £800 to spend. Can anyone advise on any good brands/models. Cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What sort of terrain will you be doing ? Personally I'd avoid full suspension for anything but pure downhill thrills, they can be harder work on flats so just go for front shocks.

For your budget you could get something pretty tasty really, Specialized (been around for donkeys and always turn out good bikes), GT (again been doing it for long enough), Cannondale, Scott.

I'd say check for a decent component set, a high spec frame, good forks and rims too.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I'd also decide really on what kind of terrain you intend doing. If it's just country trails and lanes you might not even need a mountain bike. There are hybrid bikes that have fatter wheels/tyres than a racer but not as big and knobbly as a full fledged mountain bike.

If you decide you are looking for a mountain bike I can vouch for Cannondale and Scott ( I have both) but make sure the frame is decent spec and check that the welds look nice and tidy. Next priority is the component set and whatever suspension type you go for. (I just have front suspension and that does me for my cross country stuff).

I have a genesis core 20 got it over a year ago on the cycle to work scheme. Nice spec less than £800 and great fun to ride. Highly recomended. For that price bracket I wouldnt bother looking at full suspension bikes get a good hardtail instead. But best to try a few different bikes out, different frame shapes suit different folk and a 17inch frame from one brand may not feel the same as a 17in of another make.

jasikamarshel

Aug 10, 2010
unitedstates
Bike recommendation,mostly a young once prefer a bike and is good for a long travel and a it give a best mileage and there are a many company's bike available you choose a best one and in your affordable price.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Most decent full suspension bikes have a lockout lever/knob that stops the travel from moving too much, for like hills/flats. The main top brands are Kona, Cannondale, Specialized, Orange, Trek, Marin, Gary Fisher,Scott are all decent makes of bikes. Personally i prefer full suspension bike than a hardtrail one (Only Front Suspension). It really all depends on what terrain you`ll mainly use it for, also some bike shops will sell decent bikes for cheap, like a demo bike/shop window bike. Can always test ride some or google around, once you figure out what type of bike suits you best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE