Big Tent Festival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
Locum,

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard of it before.
Just the sort of thing we were looking for. Looks like nice things for the kids.
(Well, would have preferred to be able to have a fire, but you can't have everything!)
Booked the tickets today.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Hi - I'm one of the organisers of Big Tent. Anything you want to know fire them my way and I'll try to help. It's a great event for kids and it's in a stunning location. Great music line up this year! Visit the website for more info www.bigtentfestival.co.uk.

Hi, I've been to the past three. A photo of my wife has even featured in your promo material. :)

I love Big Tent but please sort out the gate to the parking. It broke a coil spring on my car last year. (unless that was a sneaky way to get folk on bikes. ;) )

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
Hi BigTenter

I see fires are forbidden at the camping ground, but raised BBQ's are OK.

Would you consider a Kelly Kettle acceptable (say, sitting on a raised BBQ or a wooden base to avoid scorching the grass)? Or would a KK user expect a visit from security for something other than a brew?

A link incase you haven't seen them - http://www.kellykettle.com/

They make the best tea.

May 26, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi BigTenter

I see fires are forbidden at the camping ground, but raised BBQ's are OK.

Would you consider a Kelly Kettle acceptable (say, sitting on a raised BBQ or a wooden base to avoid scorching the grass)? Or would a KK user expect a visit from security for something other than a brew?

A link incase you haven't seen them - http://www.kellykettle.com/

They make the best tea.

Hi there

We are a bit sensitive to sparks and accidents when folks are using open flames. Last year one of our campers got a bit enthusiastic whilst using a wood stove and I had a number of concerned and stressed mums worrying about the sparks.

We have no objection in principle to you fab kettle and thank you for offering to locate it off the ground. My build to you would be to operate the equipment safely and carefully and be sensitive to your neighbours who may well be frightened concerned at seeing flames.

Thank you and enjoy Big Tent

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
Hi Chewbanana,

Thanks for your response.

You're right about the sparks of course, and the KK is not immune, e.g. if a small twig fire is seen to die out and you blow in the side of the base to get the flame going again.

I find a slice from one of those wax & sawdust type fire logs makes a decent spark free fuel.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Three sleeps to go and I can't wait. Is anyone else tuned into this yet?

I'd love to go to the moot but it'd be just too much time off for me at this time of year. This is my very, very good short summer break.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
We''l need to hook up. I'm borrowing a 5 metre SouPad from work for the camping, keep an eye out. Otherwise I'll mostly be near the Black Island Brewery tent or hanging out with the farmers.

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
Ah. I was wondering if pitch size would be a problem for our 4m SoulPad (it's first outing). Apparently not.
You'd be welcome to some tea - I'm hoping my Lime flowers will be dry by the weekend.
I'll probably be wearing a sand coloured towel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE