Big spoon

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My latest carving
I had not carved anything for a while, so I chose to carve a big serving spoon out of some seasoned Rowan I had by
003_zps8055a726.jpg

The wood was quite hard to carve - but I have already roughed out a ladle from the other half of the log....

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks good John, i keep eyeing the Rowan in my neighbours garden opposite, i wonder if i can convince her that it needs "pruning"

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a nice spoon Mr Fenna, I like the way the bowl has a lip all the way 'round rather than just blend into the handle. Rowan is purty too but being an ex woodsman wont cut it. Keep up the wonderful work.
GB.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Seasoned Rowan is quite a tough wood, my hat goes off to you :notworthy . Nicely executed too :approve:

My latest carving
I had not carved anything for a while, so I chose to carve a big serving spoon out of some seasoned Rowan I had by

The wood was quite hard to carve - but I have already roughed out a ladle from the other half of the log....

:sad6: Sorry about the _very slight_ alteration John, I couldn't resist :evilangel:

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hahaha superb alterations, though I have to side with John for now, as I am afraid of fast moving spoons.
Nice Spoon John, very handsome and looks like a nice wood Rowan, never seen it before.
Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE