Big Schrade Folder

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Up for swaps I have this BIG Schrade folder.I think it's called the scrimshaw.9 1/4" overall with a 4" blade marked SCHRADE USA SC500.It has a brass liner lock which is very firm and maybe nickel bolsters but I'm not sure.Scales are in ivory (micarta?) with a scrimshaw pic of mooses on one side and a scrolled cartouche on the other.It comes with a black leather belt pouch.It was very rough when I got it and I've cleaned it up and sanded the felt tip pen and scratches off the cartouche and put a bit of an edge on it.It seems like a quality piece of kit but I'm not that into folders apart from my Laguiole so it can go to a new home via here. Not sure what I'm looking for in trade or indeed the value of this item but handmade stuff always preferred.Pictures to follow when the camera battery is charged.
Thanks for looking.
Simon.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have found out a bit more about this knife.
It was a limited release by Schrade in the 1980s.Similar ones seem to go from about $30 upwards on Ebay usa.
There were lots of designs and sizes.This was the biggest folder and there don't seem to be any with the mooses
design available so it's probably very very rare and worth thousands!!!!!!!!!! But not to me I'm afraid.
Pics on way.
Here..
DSCN1194.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE