Best telescopic fiishing rods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Looking for advice on the 'best' telescopic fishing rod(s).

Lets say I have between £100-£150 to spend for rod, reel, flies etc.

Any pointers guys?

Regs

MAL

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Not sure if you are thinking of fly or spinning/bait or both.

For fly I have a 10ft Shakespeare Expedition in high modulus carbon - its not actually telescopic but is four piece so fits on the rucsac - comes in a nice olive cordura hard case so you just strap it on the side. The Hardy Smugglers are very nice, but very, very expensive.

For spinning I did have a £8 Shakespeare Firebird telescopic in glass fibre. Fits in the bumbag, let alone the rucsac. After years of abuse, the kids finally broke it. I'm now using an unbranded cheap made in China equivalent. Works fine.

I believe there is a combined fly/spin rod, but never tried it.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hello if i were you forget about telescopic rods non are that good but i bought a rod and reel called the spider it is fantastic but not on there web site it is a 5'6'' rod that comes in 5 pieces a fantastic tiny reel fly/lure box and leather case i have fished all my life and this is a grate bit of kit it will fit even the smallest rucksack you could phone them direct but i think its an US site http://www.spiderfishing.com/ the set is called the DELUXE TRAVEL SYSTEM. I got mine at my local tackle shop the number is 02392529107 and the guys name is Dave lovely block sure he would be willing to post it was up for £35 but he normally knocks some off got mine for £29.99 hope this helps.

MAL

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Gosh - never thought I would say thanks MAL (what....another MAL on the site!)

Anymore tips and pointers anyone?

MAL

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
I picked up a 10ft fladen telescopic for a tenner, fits in my ruck sack and does fine, it's quite heavy though but I've landed fish up to 30 inches on it without breaking it ( chub ). It did for spinning and float.

I'm wondering about covering one of my whips ( fishing whips that is ) that I use for dapping - a bark covering would make it look just like a walking stick, I started out with some birch bark but after a couple of test fittings I realised I'd have a white stick which wasn't quite what I was after - mind you it might persuade more motorists to let me across the road.

Realgar

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE