Best Shemagh?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stone14

Aug 3, 2022
Northumberland
What you got?
How much ££$$ was it?
How long do you expect it to last?

Some are thick (cant see through) some thin (can see through), smaller or larger, which do you prefer?

In my search for good gear ive came across this brand on YouTube, a genuine brand manufactured in Palestine called 'Hirbawi'. They're selling online UK for under £40, others not of this brand selling for under £10.

Has anyone got a Hirbawi shemagh? Whats it like?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What you got?
How much ££$$ was it?

Some are thick (cant see through) some thin (can see through), smaller or larger, which do you prefer?

In my search for good gear ive came across this brand on YouTube, a genuine brand manufactured in Palestine called 'Hirbawi'. They're selling online UK for under £40, others not of this brand selling for under £10.

Do you need it to be £40 worth of quality?

I've some pricier ones and some cheaper ones - the good thing is I'm not overly precious with the cheap end ones - they get properly used and abused-as they should be.

jtkirkland

Dec 11, 2014
Coastal Georgia, United States
What you got?
How much ££$$ was it?

I bought a length of this the approx size of a Shemagh. It has been excellent:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I picked up two genuine middle eastern shemaghs for a fiver from a charity shop. The material is much heavier weight and a far better quality than any military issue versions I've seen

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I have two of these Hirbawi, the "Royal" and the B&W "Traditional" and they'e both a tad smaller than a 4 foot square. About £20 each, they don't need much looking after.
Materials are 85% cotton, woven to provide a through-flow of air. they are streets ahead of the cheaper types, of which I have several.
I expect they will last long enough to see me out.
They are stylish , comfortable to wear, warm when worn as a scarf in Winter, which is when I mostly wear them.
The thickest, is the Traditional, which bulks up very well, perhaps too well, when worn as a middle-eastern style scarf.
The extra size of the Hirbawi, means you can wrap/tie in all manner of ways , if you wish, but the smaller ones don't have the option for as many choices.

Do keep 'em out of reach of the distaff side, or you'll find 'em being used as novelty covers on coffee tables.
Keep them tidy when not in use and they take less room than a large shirt.
Don't use them as a Pulling and hauling rope, unless desperate, for they can be distorted out of shape by similar mis-use..
Regards
Ceeg

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I've got both the cheaper ones and also the "proper" Hirbawi shemagh, they're all really useful however the Hirbawi is certainly thicker and I think better quality. I won't be changing the cheaper ones as they still do the job but if they do go missing I'd definitely upgrade although they last so long I'm not likely to wear them out.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
Mine's salmon pink and attracts all sorts of colourful comments. But it came from a chap who was verifiably with "them" back in '90. Although he could well have pinched it from ladies attire stall in a souk...

Last edited:

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I assume these aren't "proper ones" but:
A) I don't know what a proper one is... and
B) It was what I wanted/needed and it was cheap...
Picked up a couple from endicotts https://www.endicotts.co.uk/search?q=Shemagh&type=product

Only scarfs I own are long smart ones that you can wear with smart clothes etc etc... so this was perfect bit of material for a neck buff type of thing and various other versatile bits n bobs...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE