Best price on mini trangia ?

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I need one and then possibly a couple more if the first one works out ok.
Anyone know where is cheapest to buy ?

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
http://www.mec.ca would be a good place to start. Plus, its in CDN dollars which means that the exchange rate would be in favour of the Pound Sterling.

The 28 'Mini' is quite a good little stove, but it needs a decent windscreen as well as a ground insulator to really bring out its full capabilities. I'd recommend cutting down an aluminum MSR windscreen to size.

I hope this helps. If you've got any questions about the 'Mini' feel free to PM me as I've got quite a bit of experience with that particular model.

Adam

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Thanks Neil, I was thinking about it today and i have a clickstand that i never got around to using so im going to hunt that out as well.

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
What are you planning Lawrence? Is it something you could use a photon or one of the other homemade stoves (supercat or sideburner) for? Lidl do a trangia copy now and again for £5 and it's great value for money. Worth it for the brass burner alone.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
It's not for me, it's my father and my aunt are trying to cut down on weight when they are walking.
At the moment my Dad is using a Trangia 27 and my Aunt is using a mil Trangia.
They both like meths stoves but want to shed some weight.
I like playing with stoves so im going to try a few light weights myself and then let them choose.

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Homemade could be the way to go then. My efforts are in this thread on BB, there's also Waylands setup and another (can't remember who by) recent setup on BB.

Or if it's only for one hot brew (I suspect it isn't), is it worth trying an Alladin insulated mug and ditching the stoves altogether?

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Aye i have tried a few myself but they want trangia burners as the heat source.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I picked one up last week and in the end we settled on a mini trangia with an extra pot (from a model 27) and a home made wind shield.

DSC00002.jpg

The extra pot was deemed necessary and the space between it and the mini pot holds a lighter, tea, coffee etc.

All stored in a wee pouch to keep it together and keep the rucksack clean, it also holds fuel in the bottle from an army trangia.

DSC00001.jpg

Obviously this increases the weight over the standard mini but still lighter and more compact than the model 27 it replaces.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE