Best place to get Coleman fuel and meths in Oslo?

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Normaly in Norway you can get meths (rodsprit ) at petrol stations but not in Oslo :confused: after a lot of hunting I managed to find a store that sell it I will tell you where it is at the meet this weekend if you make it :).

Colemans fuel I cant help you there I know XXL dont sell it but a shop down the road from it sell MSR stoves so thay might??

Twodogs

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Thanks Rik. Interesting couple of points re Coleman fuel in Norway - basically it appears as if they don't have it! see extract below.

Searching for Coleman fuel. A merry chase around Trondheim.... Most people had no idea what I wanted, although a variety of unsuitable fuels were offered. One hardware shop even displayed a Coleman-Fuel stove, but the staff couldn't tell me where to get the fuel! Eventually a knowledgeable assistant in a sports shop came up with the answer - a chemists! The second chemist I tried produced a half-litre glass bottle of "heptan" (no fancy name). At last, the right stuff! Pour into stove+Sigg bottle and ... hot food, melted snow!

Also found the list slightly misleading re India. Working out there for a month, I got so bored in the evenings I made literally dozens of pepsi alcohol stoves (mainly from beer cans!) However, couldn't find any alcohol/meths anywhere, including asking for Methanol and/or ethanol at pharmacies.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Normaly in Norway you can get meths (rodsprit ) at petrol stations but not in Oslo :confused: after a lot of hunting I managed to find a store that sell it I will tell you where it is at the meet this weekend if you make it :).

Colemans fuel I cant help you there I know XXL dont sell it but a shop down the road from it sell MSR stoves so thay might??

Twodogs

Cheers - see you there!

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Try Oslo sportslager. The shop is located at Torggata 20.
Or you could try G-Max at Storo, adress; Vitaminveien 6.

Some sporting goods stores (like XXL) sell the Primus variant. I guess it is the same as the coleman.

Most people using petrol burners just buy "Miljøbensin" at a petrol station. They have it on 4 litre cans. Just remember to buy the 4 stroke version.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Good point about the Primus version Tor, its called 'Primus Power Fuel', I had some from Germany in 1l and 2.5l containers. Optimus do the same and if memory serves its branded 'Arctic Fuel'.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Cheers Tor. I'd normally pack an Optimus 111 paraffin cooker for winter camping, but just got hold of a beautiful SVEA123 and Sigg Tourist set which I thought I'd try instead!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Cheers Tor. I'd normally pack an Optimus 111 paraffin cooker for winter camping, but just got hold of a beautiful SVEA123 and Sigg Tourist set which I thought I'd try instead!

You'll love that set, the stove is half the heat output of the 111 but...the pan design is superb, efficient and makes up for that :)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Many hardware stores will stock Aspen 4 stroke fuel or similar but only in 5 litre containers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE