Best place to get a second hand phone??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all :)

Where is the best place to get a second hand phone??

I've got a HTC touch screen smart thingy at the mo, which got trod on by some pesky goats (real ones, not the half-goat!! :p) its lasted two years or so working fine with a cracked screen, but now its starting to have quite an annoying delay and Im thinking its time for a trade in, probably for anouther HTC :confused:
I dont want a contact round my head, so i've been looking on ebay, gum tree and others similar websites, but to be honest im a bit dubious in case its not legit etc!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Fionn :pirate:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
What kind of money do you want to spend? If you have one of the old htc desires they are still good phones. Maybe consider a new screen, battery and factory reset. New case to smart it up. All pretty cheap ;)

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Why not repair and reflash your existing one? Tell you what, you buy the bits and I'll do the work for you - took me half an hour to replace the casing on my HTC and 10 minutes to reflash it with Cyanogenmod 7. It's a total transformation and if you're happy with the phone when it's working correctly it's probably the cheapest option.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Why not repair and reflash your existing one? Tell you what, you buy the bits and I'll do the work for you - took me half an hour to replace the casing on my HTC and 10 minutes to reflash it with Cyanogenmod 7. It's a total transformation and if you're happy with the phone when it's working correctly it's probably the cheapest option.

There ya go...

What kind of money do you want to spend? If you have one of the old htc desires they are still good phones. Maybe consider a new screen, battery and factory reset. New case to smart it up. All pretty cheap ;)

I've prob got about £60 max!! Not much I know haha! The one I have is a HTC Mozart, I was thinking of getting one of the desires, hamish had one and it seemed a good phone. I think i'd like to get something different, just to have a change :eek:

That's very kind of you thank you :) I think i'd like to look for a different model, just to be an awkward sod haha! But, I think I prob will end up just fixing the new one if the other half goat has his way. If I do, I shall take you up on your offer if it still stands :eek:

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
That's very kind of you thank you :) I think i'd like to look for a different model, just to be an awkward sod haha! But, I think I prob will end up just fixing the new one if the other half goat has his way. If I do, I shall take you up on your offer if it still stands :eek:

Of course it does. With that said, if you want one of the original Desires, they tend to go for around the £50 mark on Evilbay, sometimes with a few toys thrown in. The internal memory is about the same as the Mozart, but it DOES have a micro SD slot which the Mozart doesn't and it's an Android phone so not hobbled by that horrid boat anchor WinPho7.

The Desire Z is basically the same as the Desire but has a hardware keyboard. The Desire S is a step up in terms of processor and RAM/ROM with all of the other benefits thrown in, but they're usually a bit more 2nd hand than a standard Desire.

If you search Evilbay for "HTC Desire A8181" you'll see lots up for grabs - they're an excellent phone for the money, but can be a little limited in terms of storage for modern game apps like Angry Birds. The spares for them are ludicrously cheap, so cheap they're almost for free in fact. The new case I put on mine was £3 delivered, for example.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What network you with WG? I have a Htc desire that I don't use on orange. It kept crashing so sent it away for repairs as it was insured. They returned it all fixed and I only used its few months before changing network and getting a iPhone 4s.

If you are interested let me know as a colleague is sniffing around asking about it lol.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Mine was Orange branded, you can sim unlock them quite simply and reflashing the ROM gets rid of the orange bloatware - upgradeable to Android 2.3 too, Orange only went to 2.2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE