Best place for tent refurb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eggy

Nov 18, 2010
Dunfermline
I have an Ultimate Peapod 2 man tent - had it for approx 25 years - and, although it's still in great nick there's a couple of wee tears (biggest probably 2.5cm) on the fly and some of the seams where the anchor loops are attached have come away from the fly body. I'd like to get at least another 25 years out of it as it's such a good tent for solo camping.

Sad to say my sewing skills are a bit primitive so can anyone recommend a place that's cheap (but also competent) for tent repairs?

Eggy

Nov 18, 2010
Dunfermline
Thanks for the prompt response guys - will contact both parties with view to their availability (and/or willingness) to do the job. It's nothing major, just maintenance that I've let slide for too long now and as the weather's on the up - hopefully - I want to get the Peapod in shape.

One other thing - re-proofing the fly. Any suggestions for a product to help with that as I'm assuming that UV may have degraded the original waterproof backing on the fly after being used in the UK and quite extensively in Greece when I stayed there.

Eggy

Nov 18, 2010
Dunfermline
Again, many thanks for the pointers folks. Bilmo & I are in a bit of PM chatter re this and if I can sling some work in the direction of a forum member then so much the better. Fingers crossed the fly's not too shagged out by UV to render it fit only for the skip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE