Best Merino Shirt in the World?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
These looked interesting until I saw the price. Wow. Clicky

Mcnair-virgin-merino-blue-hvy-product-510x600.jpg

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Trouble is, my wife doesn't like my Swanndri Ranger (in green). She thinks it makes me look like Fidel Castro

I rather like the Swanndri Ranger in green check but they don't make it anymore. I've contacted Swanndri and, apparently, they will be releasing something similar in September 2015. The other option might be a Bison shirt.

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Gotta say i always thought swanndri were too dear too :lmao:

Think the most i'v ever paid for a wool shirt is about 8 quid......but i can be a proper skin flint at times :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Glad to see its in west yorkshire, they look great, but too expensive for me.
Dont know what market theyre aiming at.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You can get some very nice norwegian sweaters, norwool, and the like, from etsy, very cheaply, and they always seem a lot thicker, and heavier than the uk ones.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
A very nice looking shirt, way to pricey for me though. Again the Bison shirts, also made in the UK and for the price are hard to beat I think.

:)

Last edited:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
I've been looking at this shirt for ages..."looking" being the word! I dare say the quality is second to none but I had a shirt made for me from a local wool mill for £50...it'd be hard to imagine this being 7 times better? BUT if you want the best this is the baby to own!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Best Merino shirt?
Nah!
The "Best Merino Shirt" is (IMHO) the one(s) I made myself :)
No poncy contrast detail, made to measure, made to my own spec, pockets that are positioned where I want them and big enough to hold a decent amount (not just a passport!) and best of all the two I have made had an all in price of less than £10! Plus I have the satisfaction of knowing that they are true Designer Originals!
OK the fabric was from a Charity Shop blanket - but it is still cozy warm, snuggly soft Merino!
You can keep your shop bought tat :)

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Trouble is, my wife doesn't like my Swanndri Ranger (in green). She thinks it makes me look like Fidel Castro

I rather like the Swanndri Ranger in green check but they don't make it anymore. I've contacted Swanndri and, apparently, they will be releasing something similar in September 2015. The other option might be a Bison shirt.

Given the sterling job you did on your first camo smock I would have though all you need is a blanket from endy's.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I would say they are targeting the "money no object" brigade; despite being what looks like a very nice shirt, they are far too expensive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE