Best KFS set

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
Looking for some advice on an available Knife Fork Spoon KFS set. Probably an ex army set that clips together. Looking for a robust set that has a good cutting knife and a substantial fork.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Tend to just use a spoon out camping, absolutely hate sporks. Years and years ago used the KFS that clipped together without a problem. Camping shops should still sell them.

This looks like them

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ive got a sturdy clip together somewhere,-ill search it out

But I use one from the kitchen in a little canvas bag I made

Nothing so offputting as unfamiliar eating irons....though a spork is good for a very lightweight compact kit, -say my EDC in my bag, -you never know when you get a takeaway that needs one.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Bundeswehr kfs set. Real heavy but some quality cutlery for a KFS set. The spoon is shovel sized as well, which is a bonus in my book, i know a lot of people cut them down but I don't see the point really.

I don't carry it camping though because it is HEAVY duty.

I just use a spork now, not my favourite bit of kit but it does the job.

Edit: The funny shaped thing is a tin opener and a bottle opener.
I also sharpened the knife up a bit. Blunt as a butter knife.

532ed936137a75faa89a26d11df94b30.jpg
7e66b13519f169d5de7158ab922a965e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Coldfeet

Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have used a few sets of different kinds over the years, and the best I found (and still use to this day) is an Austrian army set that comes in a grey cover, and all clips together. It's heavier duty than most other sets I have come across, but is also more akin to "normal" cutlery. I have just had a quick look on eBay, and can't see any for sale, but are worthwhile if you can find a set.

Just checked Google Images, and found this: https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tK8WWint...Austrian+KFS+(Knife,+Fork,+Spoon+Set)+(1).JPG

Reactions: Robbi

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
Thank you all for the feedback and links. I had looked around at various options but was interested to hear what other folk found best. When I first started eating out in the field I used a set of those ones that clip together with a rivit system, I wasnt keen on the uncomfortable rivet. I had moved on to three seperate items that were aquired at various stages and kept in a cloth pouch.

I had my eye on a German Army set from Varusteleka https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/bw-field-cutlery-set-surplus/773 They comment that the can opener is a krypton factor challenge. They seem to be readily available from UK suppliers on ebay also.

I certainly agree the Austrian set looks more "normal" I tried goole and got hits for a few suppliers including Anchor, but sadly the listing shows "out of Stock" One to add to the wish list.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I found mine.

its not a clip together; Made by Richards company, all Aluminium except the knife blade.

A good vintage bit of kit

You can have it if you like

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
Thank you for the offer but Ive got my mind set on the German Army set. Im preparing a wee list from an ebay sellers shop.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Bundeswehr kfs set. Real heavy but some quality cutlery for a KFS set. The spoon is shovel sized as well, which is a bonus in my book, i know a lot of people cut them down but I don't see the point really.

I don't carry it camping though because it is HEAVY duty.

I just use a spork now, not my favourite bit of kit but it does the job.

Edit: The funny shaped thing is a tin opener and a bottle opener.
I also sharpened the knife up a bit. Blunt as a butter knife.

532ed936137a75faa89a26d11df94b30.jpg
7e66b13519f169d5de7158ab922a965e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I second this. I brought the set years ago. Now I'm down to the spoon. When I lost the fork some time ago I drilled a hole in the spoon handle and added a length of paracord...... im not losing my spoon, its just too good a bit of kit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mowmow

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.