Berry picker dimensions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
For @tombear , apologies its taken a couple of days!

20210926_101708.jpg20210926_101623.jpg20210926_101642.jpg20210926_101528.jpg20210926_101655.jpg

And the internals for your inspection. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, I might even have a go at knocking up a wooden one up myself

Cheers

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers! Just the job. I'm not sure when I'll get around to is as it's been pointed out I've been spending like a sailor on shore leave and I need to get the surplus to me stuff sold! Oops!. I need to source some 2/ 2.5mm stainless or at least springy wire. Not so long ago any decent model shop would have it for model plane undercarriages I guess it will be internet job then.

ATB and thanks

Tom

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Coat hanger wire. Most commercial laundry businesses here will sell any number of different gauge wire clothes hangers.
I like the idea of the bicycle spokes.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Cheers! Just the job. I'm not sure when I'll get around to is as it's been pointed out I've been spending like a sailor on shore leave and I need to get the surplus to me stuff sold! Oops!. I need to source some 2/ 2.5mm stainless or at least springy wire. Not so long ago any decent model shop would have it for model plane undercarriages I guess it will be internet job then.

ATB and thanks

Tom
Stainless TIG filler rod comes in 2.4mm diameter. Would that be an option?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
It would probably do the job but I like the idea of the bike spokes as I should be able to source a wheels worth for free. Unfortunately the son who's mates are also all into Mountain bikes is starting a week of nights so wont be able to scrounge a dead wheel for me to cannibalise. I may see one laying about. I dare say I could take a grappling hook to the canal and find any number of them as well as the odd Glock or sawn off shot gun.....

ATB

Tom

• Haha

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I've got some old bicycle spokes in stainless, really handy.
I've used them for making lightweight fold up pot stands (brass tube for hinges), and a fish mouth-type spreader/pot hanger for my stainless Nalgene.
Amongst other bits and bobs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE